RDCabal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Variables on the Value of the Set

3 posters

Go down

Variables on the Value of the Set Empty Variables on the Value of the Set

Post by Santiak Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:21 pm

I joined the Recursive Derivation because I wanted a place where other Variables shared my fascination with The Secret World, and not merely for the Talismans to be had.
When I first picked up on ULFRICs broadcast, it was a mix of timing with intrigue. I had many times seen similar broadcasts, but at that time, never felt like it was the right time for me, seeing as I can be very much a loner.
However, when i read ULFRICs broadcast, I felt it was time for me to explore new parts of The Secret World; Other Variables.

I found a friendly cabal that put no limitations on my me, demanded nothing of me, only that I run my models and enjoy the benefits of having Variables around to run them with, or if nothing else, to keep me company.
I also found a cabal that did not scuff at any profession, people who prefer to run errands for the Dragon are as welcome as those who run models for Venice.

If these are some of the things you value in a Cabal, I hope you will consider the Recursive Derivation as a place for you to grow with others, see the results of equations, and in return, the variables of the equation, grow.
Santiak
Santiak
Overseer

Antal indlæg : 202
Geografisk sted : Near Agartha.

https://rdcabal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Variables on the Value of the Set Empty The formula that drove the foundation of the primary Equation

Post by ULFRIC Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:35 am

Hello, ULFRIC here~

I had been with the Dragon for a little bit. I had a friend I'd met along the way, a child of Eyes and Pyramids, who would keep me company in my travels. However, for all the assistance he offered, he wasn't Dragon. It wasn't bad that he was with the Illuminati, but I'm rather...some might say, fanatical, about my Dragon. I enjoy what I do and do what I enjoy. All under the primary directive that I am aiding the Dragon. Unfortunately, my equations came upon a fatal flaw:

Being just me, the only variable in my formula was a constant. Therefore, any equation bred of it would be inherently confined to a finite set of outcomes. This meant my contribution to the Dragon, the organization I'd grown to admire and fully dedicate myself to, would be minimal and in constant decay until, some day, the finite potential of my equations would be completely unusable in the evolved iterations of the ever changing system. Common sense dictated what had to be done.

An equation whose process is limited by the formula under which it operates can be freed of such confines by modifying the formula. The introduction of a single variable into a formula drastically increases the set of values which it can produce. Each variable introduced into the formula afterwards only compounds this increase. Furthermore, introducing variables of varying range and function will not only augment the potential derivations that can be made from that formula, but also the direction in which the equations created under it can go.

So I submitted the paperwork to have my Cabal sanctioned by the Council of Venice and recognized as a Dragon Syndicate. A Syndicate is defined as a group of unique individuals working towards a single common goal. Reworded: A set of variables modifying a primary formula. Thus, the Recursive Derivation was born. A Dragon dedicated Syndicate whose primary goal was to, above all else, provide data for the Dragon. Data that would allow the Dragon we were all apart of the ability to construct systems that ran as intended and produced the desired results.

At first, I wasn't sure if anyone would join in my cause. I wasn't entirely sure how to go about searching for new values to add to my set. So, I blindly shouted into the broadcast stream and people came. They just came. Then more came behind them. And now, now we are a solid set of Variables. Variables whose cumulative range and function encompasses all there is. There is no formula we cannot build, no equation we cannot direct, no model we cannot modify to ensure the Dragons will be done. We study the systems, build the models, run the equations, and produce results. Results that are fed back into the systems and the process starts again. Recurse. Derive.

I initiated this Syndicate in order to find a means by which to further my own formulas potential. Instead, I got a set of Variables that produce data from all aspects of our world and do far more for the Dragon than I ever could have alone. The value of our summation far out weighs the production of any single iteration.

So, if you're interested, if you see the value in being Valued. We welcome you amongst the Variables. We are eager to run the equations you build and even more eager to apply your value to ours. All for the Dragon.
ULFRIC
ULFRIC
Omnipotent

Antal indlæg : 154
Geografisk sted : Wherever the current system runtime is established.

Back to top Go down

Variables on the Value of the Set Empty Re: Variables on the Value of the Set

Post by Zoser Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:46 pm

I cannot really express these things as well as Santi or my little devil, but I also wanted to briefly tell how I came to join this merry little band of misfits. It all started with Ulfric - no surprise there, I know. It was a fairly miserable day when a number of strangers entered the portal to Hell in a run-down motel on the Savage Coast - only to emerge victorious after a stirring fight. Today I can no longer remember the names and faces of the others involved with the one obvious exception.

He was there all the time, making sure my wounds were taken care of, keeping me alive as I charged the hordes of the Abyss. After we came back home, we talked for what seems like forever; he knew so much about the Secret World already and even though it was difficult for me to follow his complex language (it sometimes still is), I learned a lot. We exchanged phone numbers and met a number of times - seemingly by chance. I doubt it was ... he was running the numbers already inside that cute head of his.

Then one day, we had just reduced a sizeable group of Ak'Ab (I think that is what they are called) to shreds when he told me that he wanted to form "Recursive Derivation" and what it was supposed to be. My only question was "Where can I sign up?" and mere moments afterwards this remarkable group was born. We were quickly joined by others and our numbers continue to grow. And no matter where we are, if we laugh, cry, console, tease, agree, argue or just do nothing, there is a strong sense of unity and dedication to this group that I enjoy immensely.

Uhm, that's what I wanted to say for now - Zoser out! Smile
Zoser
Zoser
Variable

Antal indlæg : 28

Back to top Go down

Variables on the Value of the Set Empty Re: Variables on the Value of the Set

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum