RDCabal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Variable

4 posters

Go down

New Variable Empty New Variable

Post by Selkie Fri May 03, 2013 8:44 am

My role is one of knowledge. I seek, I collate, I conclude. But knowledge is nothing if not shared.

Communications seem a little hindered lately. I've walked the streets of London but passwords and codenames reveal nothing. There is a calm in the world.

Is it time to shake up the model?

Please contact [Selkie] to discuss.

((Player since beta, mostly solo as cannot commit to instances and runs at this time. Looking for friendly and active RP cabal Smile )
Selkie

Back to top Go down

New Variable Empty Re: New Variable

Post by Taouz Fri May 03, 2013 9:44 am

((Gonna keep this OOC since that's where most of what I need to say to you will come from.

So here goes: thanks for your post. You are in your own words looking for a "friendly and active cabal". We are neither. Well ok, we are friendly most of the time ;-)

But truth of the matter is that both our leading figures are and have been inactive for some time now. It's basically just a handful of us roleplaying atm and we still have people disappearing.

So I'd be an asshole if I welcomed you in on the premise of us being an active cabal. Some of us have the ability to recruit in-game, but we are not in any way part of the leadership of the cabal, just regular members who are too lazy and/or stubborn to leave.

So with a clear conscience I can say - sure we can invite you - in fact it would be nice with some new blood, but I hope I've lowered your expectations to a bare minimum Razz))
Taouz
Taouz
Variable

Antal indlæg : 138
Geografisk sted : Any where there are ghosts, poltergeists or spooks.

http://mixlr.com/dj-chemic/me

Back to top Go down

Post by Santiak Fri May 03, 2013 11:43 am

The systems the cabal was aimed to run, was never meant to have any primary variable. Our "leadership" is only in place to soothe Venice - it was Little Brothers aim to make a space wherein each variable was free to run the equations it desired.

As Taouz noted, the frequency of systems is at an alarming all-time low. While some variables are merely inactive, others have, perhaps, grown weary of our hidden world, and managed to flee without a trace.

However, the intent is still there; the goal is still present, and admittedly, a system cannot grow without introducing new variables.

As our name suggests, we knew this would happen:
In the beginning, only Little Brother and Little Devil were present, they were the only variables present, which, all things being equal, saw the same degree of active variables - or lack thereof - as we do now.
We grew, we flourished, and eventually, we stayed true to our goal: We recursed.

As pompous as it may sound, the current iteration of the Recursive Derivation is best described as the "Second generation" - which is purely a quantitative denomination, not a qualitative one - and it is now up to those of us within this generation to grow and floruish once more.

Our variables are few, yes. But hopefully our numbers will grow once more. Our goal is still there, as are the tools to find new variables.

All things said and done, if these are terms you can live with, perhaps even terms you can see oppertunity in - as I hope all variables can, you are more than welcome.

((OOC:: Player since beta here as well. ^^
I'd just like to point out that despite our inactivity, there is no defacto leadership within the cabal, so all members are as much of a leader as the next. The only "limitation" to recruitment was that we only recruit people who are very much into RP, which doesn't mean only seasoned RP'ers, but people willing to RP most of the time they're interacting with or around other cabal member, and try to avoid breaking character.

To "enforce" that notion, all recruits had to go through ULFRIC back in the days, to make sure we wouldn't end up being a mix of RP and non-RP.
A role which I took over after he went inactive, but later found wasn't necessary seeing as all members were quite aware of what "kind of players" we were looking for, and everyone shared that sentiment.

This effectively means, that new members can be found and recruited by anyone. If the potential member is found by a new member, the old system kicks in to some degree, and it's up to the "older" members to see if the potential member is willing to RP.
However, the recent trends within the cabal of having an "initiation" with some other members, more or less acts as the same "check" as Ulfric or I did, the only thing left is to ensure new members are aware that we have no real in-game aim other than what strikes each of our individual fancy, so every member is free to do what they like, take what they like, give what they like, as long as they RP and have fun with the rest of us, as few as we may be at the given time. Wink

As with TSW in general, activity has dropped quite a bit - but we are still looking to become active once more. Granted, it might be bit of a chore to help the group grow, but - and this is my personal opinion - as long as you have other people that share the same interests in the game as you do, it doesn't really matter if there's lots or just a few. Personally, I used to RP quite a bit with Ulfric, but rarely participated in larger RP sessions. So, if you like the feel of us, and can look beyond the activity issues, you are more than welcome, as are anyon you know who might be interested in a RP cabal. Smile))
Santiak
Santiak
Overseer

Antal indlæg : 202
Geografisk sted : Near Agartha.

https://rdcabal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Taouz Fri May 03, 2013 12:33 pm

((just to reiterate, my post was entirely ooc, Taouz knows nothing IC. Otherwise - thanks for taking the time to clear up things, Santiak.))
Taouz
Taouz
Variable

Antal indlæg : 138
Geografisk sted : Any where there are ghosts, poltergeists or spooks.

http://mixlr.com/dj-chemic/me

Back to top Go down

Post by Breakbeat Fri May 03, 2013 6:44 pm

Hey!

Now how can I accept this post without having a good pic of you? *pouts*

Send a picture over, if you're hot, I've got your back!

In any case, let's discuss!

((Hey! Player not since beta, but for a long while now. Same situation with instances and runs like you, got a kid at home, so I do not want to explain to each group that I could just up and leave at any time, but not doing so would be rude if it happens. Razz
I enjoy myself here. There's been some on/off activity, but there's still people around, usually SOMEone is on, but it's most likely just 1-2 people at the time. That good enough for you, then it could work out!))
Breakbeat
Breakbeat
Observer

Antal indlæg : 155

Back to top Go down

Post by selkie Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:10 am

I am sorry I didn't respond to this back in May, very rude of me. Thanks for your replies Smile I like the sound of something small and member-driven, and have contacted Santiak on TSW RP Smile Hope to chat to you soon!
selkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigma Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:50 am

The more variables we add to our equation, the more chaos we'll cause.

I would be happy to meet with you soon as well. Stay safe.
Enigma
Enigma
Observer

Antal indlæg : 217

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down