RDCabal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Truth or Dare

+2
Enigma
Breakbeat
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Truth or Dare - Page 2 Empty Re: Truth or Dare

Post by Santiak Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:02 pm

I could indeed.
While my biological clock is far from ticking, despite my age, I could imagine one day having a complete family, and still be in the hidden world we've been included in.

My reasoning, as ill-conceived as it may be, is that simply because the world in which I now find myself was foreign to most of us, doesn't mean it has to be foreign to everyone born into this world.
As we all know, the Dragon at least has the capability and knowledge to keep children safe in our world, granted the Child is of great importance - some think, anyway, but it is feasible.
Regardless, I am sure there are ways of bringing a child into this, our newfound world, and have it lead a happy and fulfilling life as well.

The only real difference, in my eyes, is he or she might have a bit more.. exotic.. pets during their adolescence, and have doors open to them that very few even know exist, or at best, were forced through nigh-unwillingly.

My own family lineage would suggest that the inclusion into this world is, at least to some extent, based on genetic if not social heritage, and while my own mother attempted to spare me from this world, she could not keep it hidden from me.
Were I have to have children, I'd rather guide them into our hidden world, being there both as a father and a mentor should they need either, than I'd have them stumble upon it and be prone to being taken advantage of by the forces inside it.

How do you think the war with the Filth and Void will end, respectively?
Santiak
Santiak
Overseer

Antal indlæg : 202
Geografisk sted : Near Agartha.

https://rdcabal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Breakbeat Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:33 pm

Nice question.

The war on Filth? I don't think it's really gonna end, or I think I won't be around to see it. Because I think as long as people are people, the filth will have a foothold in this world.

It seems to me that it feeds on the fear and anger, and the abuse Gaia has to take. Thus, I think the filth is going to get stronger. Plus, there's ways to defeat the filth born, but how do you really defeat the filth itself?

Yes, I've seen stuff and I think it might be possible to contain it, make it recede in some places, but the barrel fills and it's gonna find a way to the surface, somewhere.

In the end? I hope humanity will get wiser, will get a grip on itself.

But until we're living in a la-la version of the Star Trek Universe, we'll keep struggling.

-

The war on Void?

I think we will prevail, in the end. There's too much people who have a vested interested in the world to keep spinning. And although I'm not sure how to defeat the source, I think we'll manage. Somehow. Someday. And I think I might not only be around to see it, but also lend a helping hand. Or hammer.

-

Which person on Solomon Island can you relate to the most and why?
Breakbeat
Breakbeat
Observer

Antal indlæg : 155

Back to top Go down

Post by Santiak Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:11 pm

I think it would be Sandy Jansen.
If nothing else, he is at least the type of person I strive to be.

While his morals and ethics are not set in stone, his wisdom of what is right and wrong are. Sometimes so much so that it borders on the suicidal, but he's fine with that - as long as he is doing what he believes to be the right course of action.
He strikes me as a person preoccupied with understanding the world rather than control it, more focused on accumulating wisdom rather than power - in fact, he seems to be directly allergic to power, in the sense that it severely removes from his quality of life.

Like him, I try to attribute the most importance to the most minute of details, rather than hunger for the biggest chunk of meat and be miserable when I find I can't have it.
While I do consider my sense of moral and ethics quite strong, I consider them to be a dictated by my ideas of what is right and what is wrong, and try to never let it be inverted so that my notions of right and wrong are dictated by assumed moral and ethics.
Or to put it in another way:
I'd rather conclude on any given situation on the premises of that situation alone, rather than on an overshadowing conviction that my world view is the correct one regardless of the circumstances that brought a situation to fluition.

Or to put it bluntly, I'd rather investigate why a dog bit someone, and base my decision on those facts, than I'd summarily judge the dog simply for biting.
And Sandy is the only person that seems as base in these regards as I consider myself to be - for better or for worse.

If any, which society should be the last one standing, if the world were to become a better place for it?
Santiak
Santiak
Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post by Breakbeat Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:20 pm

Harr, if I don't say Dragon now, am I going to get reported?

In any case, Dragon is still the valid answer for me. Why?

- The Illuminati: Definetly not. They are the ones who would wreck too much damage upon humanity because if they are left standing, they would try to pull all the strings in all direction, every little member tugging at their puppets to move where they want them to be. Illuminatis are greedy for money and power. If there's no one left they can fight, their fight will turn inwards, I'm sure of that. There's not going to be a shining new world order. There's going to be a chaotic power struggle, with people being assassinated left and right until the one person who is the most ruthless is left standing to rule the rest, until someone better comes along.

- The Templars: Well, the world would be a safer place if they alone prevailed. But it wouldn't be much fun to live in. You can bet your ass off that the Templars would try to vanquish every evil in the world. And by every evil, I am not talking about the supernatural variety alone. Drugs would be first to go, followed by alcohol. Every country would be neatly structurized to maximize its goodness potential.
But that's not how the world works. That's not how people work.

- The Dragon: They would, in the big picture, shape the world to be a sager place. But they would let people be people. Be themselves, leave them to their quarreling, their bickering, their chatting, their loving. Mold them, if need be, but basically leave them alone to do their thing.
That's the world I would want to live in.

-

If you could make an Agartha portal to any place, and time, where would you have it point to. What would you visit? What would you do there?
Breakbeat
Breakbeat
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigma Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:38 am

For me, it would be two places but one time...

I really couldn't decide between the two.

I would take the portal back to 1977, to the neighbourhood of Kazuhiko Nishi, just to talk with him and watch the creation of the first Japanese home computer, maybe even meet Bill Gates when he was also young, because the two were friends. I might even suggest language software... but then, that might change the present in some unexpected way... So I would try to simply observe...

After the brief detour, I would take a train to my Dad's home town, and meet him as a young man, 6 years before I was born, and a few years before my brother was born. My Dad was already dating my mother at this point, probably... if so, perhaps I would get to see her as more of a person, for once. If not, and they hadn't met yet... it would be fantastic to just spend a day or so with my Dad again... and to tell him as much as I could about the secret world, when he is still young with no worries. Not the big things, not everything, not that I am his daughter or even any facts about his family... but just simply that there really is more than meets the eye to the world. Because he's always loved Sci-Fi... and if anyone I know could handle it... I'm sure he could have back then. He would relish in it... probably. I would just like to spend time laughing with him, with no worries...

That would be a wonderful vacation...

How do you think your life would be now, if you were chosen by the Templars right after receiving your gifts? The Illuminati? Would you really be any different?
Enigma
Enigma
Observer

Antal indlæg : 217

Back to top Go down

Post by Santiak Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:05 am

I think things would be very different, but I do not think I would be.

First off, I think my role would be very different, I probably wouldn't even be a field-agent, but instead relegated to a desk and charts. What the Dragon views as a boon in the field, the other two see as a hinderance, our love of manipulation and minute alterations to achieve our goals are largely spent on political and financial affairs in those societies, I suspect.

Secondly, I do not think I would be very different - my mannerisms might be slightly different, but beyond that, I do not believe I would behave any differently than I do now.

Also, I have feeling that the society elects its members based on who they are well before they are actually introduced and inducted. The reason being simply that were they to recruit willy-nilly, they'd be more likely to recruit people who would eventually turn into double-agents - the Dragon might employ such tactics, as it is part of their equations, but neither the Zealous nor the Powerhungring base their research of potential members on the chance they'll turn coats, as much as the risk.
It more or less follows the recruitment of the various vampire clans in Vampire the Masquerade tabletop games; a member is chosen by a sire based on affinity with the overarching philosophy of the recruiter, rather than the simple need to bolster their ranks - in most cases.

What's the most irritating aspect of the Dragon to you?
Santiak
Santiak
Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post by Breakbeat Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:11 pm

I would have to say that the lack of information is sometimes a little unnerving. The Dragon send me to a place, with only a little amount of information. Then they trust that I'll do whatever so it will fit into their equations.

I'm not saying they should give me more information, as I like the freedom of being able to make my own decisions, but a little more data would be beneficial sometimes.

They said: "Go to Kingsmouth" instead of "Go to Kingsmouth, oh, and the place is crawling with zombies, so beware". For a first timer that was a rather mindblowing experience. After that, I broadened my horizons, which leads me back to my "Everything is true" approach, because unless someone proves to me that it doesn't, it's out there for sure.

Except aliens. Still do not believe in that shit. We're not the effing MIB.

-

What do you think of the Sam Krieg novels? Do you think they tell too much about the Secret World?
Breakbeat
Breakbeat
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post by Santiak Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:17 pm

No, I do not.
One of the best ways to keep people from knowing the true nature of things, is to put that information in a position where its actuality is already questioned. Doing so leaves any notions of the subject being true firmly in the hands of conspiracy theorists and sensationalists - which in turn makes it easier to deny everything, seeing as the only people who believe it to be true, are already prone to believing anything as long as it is even remotely possible.

Say, for example, that our hidden world became the subject of a videogame. Now, imagine those people started to claim the fiction within the game to actually be true. How likely would you be to believe someone who said "But in the game it all makes perfect sense, so it must be true!".

From that point on, even if some part of our hidden world were to be acknowledged from some credible source, the general populace would still be suspicious, and instead of the validity of the information being reinforced by being divulged from that source, the credibility of the aforementioned source would instead suffer - because obviously he believes in the fictional universe of a game.

As soon as something is published as fiction, any attempt to prove that it is, in fact, not fiction, becomes increasingly difficult as time goes on.

So in fact, I believe Dear Sam has done us a favour. His stories keeps our world out of the public eye and mind, while those tenacious and resourceful enough have a window to find us through.

Is there anything related to our hidden world that you, despite having seen it, still have trouble accepting as truth?
Santiak
Santiak
Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post by Breakbeat Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:36 pm

Due to my "Everything is true" approach it would be pretty boring for me to answer that. So I'll let someone else pick this up, unless someone shows me an Alien.
Breakbeat
Breakbeat
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigma Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:42 am

((OOC: Santiak - How very meta! ;D ))

Breakbeat, I know this isn't the place to get into this, but I believe you swallowed one. And if you believe everything is true, then what about the works of H.P. Lovecraft? The Ur-Draug that crashed Polaris looked strikingly similar to tales of C'thulhu, who, according to Lovecraft, was an ALIEN god from beyond the stars. Besides, an alien just means "not a resident of here", taken at the most literal and basic form. This puts the demons, at least, if not other things we have seen and fought, within the alien category. Ak'ab? So totally giant alien cockroaches.

Anyway, Santiak, to answer your question, I find some of what I've seen the Filth do and become hard to believe. Mostly... well mostly because in a few cases, it's almost too funny - it just seems surreal! There are what I can only hope used to be humans on Solomon Island that look and have abilities very similar to Venom and later Carnage from the Spiderman universe! For the very reasons you state above about Sam Krieg's novels... I find myself trying not to laugh a good deal of the time when I come across one of these filth entities. And also wondering if perhaps, Stan Lee (or someone in his employ) had seen the Filth or someone affected by the Filth before coming up with that particular story arc. Which also leads me to wondering if bells or other harmonious vibrations could have similar effects to free those affected...

It's just... you don't expect to see something from your childhood come true.

No, instead... Now that I've been exposed to this world for 4 months or so, I find it hard to believe that humanity can be how it is... so uncaring, in many ways. But then again, most of humanity isn't seeing the bigger picture.

If you were to be completely overcome by one of the powers at work in our world (ie: the demons, the Filth, the Draug, vampirism, etc.) which one would you hope for it to be, and why? Would you join one if they offered you a better deal than the Dragon?
Enigma
Enigma
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post by Santiak Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:42 am

((OOC: Hehe, 4th wall eat your heart out Wink ))

I think it would have to be either Vampirism or Demons, simply because I'd be most likely to retain most of my self compared to the others.

However, no amount of lure or promise could convince me that it would be something I'd desire.

Well..

There is, perhaps, one stipulation that would make me want to seek out Vampirism, but it would depend on fiction being true, and so far, it doesn't seem that that particular fiction is based on the hidden world:
If I were to be approached by the Malkavian vampire clan, from the pen and paper RPG "Vampire: The Masquerade", perferably by a potential sire in whom the "fish" is not too strong, unless it were to be one from the ancient generations.

Despite it being a bit outside the usual realm of questions, if you were to be included into a clan from the aforementioned RPG, which would it be?
Alternatively, in case you are not familiar with the lore of that game; Given you are now aware of our hidden world, does that change how you view historical religious characters such as the Buddhisathva, Mohammed, Christ, etc.?
Santiak
Santiak
Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post by Breakbeat Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:29 pm

Heh, I think I would be a good Brujah. It's either that or a Ravnos, seeing that in my hime country of Czechoslovakia we still have some romanji. But I'd be hard-pressed to say what my crime of choice would be ... I don't think "disobeying authorities" counts. Maybe I could do with "indecent exposure" or whatnot.

Brings me back to the Brujah - their clans seem closest to my nature. My temper is better than theirs, though. Well, not counting my time of the month.

Also think it's funny you actually consider being a Malkavian, 'cause their bonkers ... What would your dementia be, San? (hold on, that's actually a good ...)

If something would drive you insane, in what way would you be insane? (don't count current disorders, dahling)

As for effing aliens, just because Locecraft seems to have something right doesn't mean that he was right all the time. I mean, the person who wrote the Twilight saga guessed correctly that there ARE vampires. But they don't sparkle - last I looked. And don't give ma any "Bram Stoker" crap, cause I also never saw one turn into fog, or think the "three nights" thing is true. But he seems to have been closer to actual truth. Closer ain't perfect. Fuck aliens. And I don't mean "not from here", cause then freaking demons would be aliens. Demons are demons. Aliens are aliens. And by aliens I mean "arrived from outer space". C'mon, if a civilization is smart enough to build spaceships that travel through the galaxy, they're smart enough to avoid us.
Breakbeat
Breakbeat
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post by Santiak Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:42 pm

First off, due to the troubles with the new SimCity game, I actually might become insane.. Or at least go coat EA headquarters in a nice layer of noxious blood.

Well, I think there'd be a plethora, really.
I've always had a guilty desire of actually being insane, emancipation from responsibility and all that. But also due to the same kind morbid fascination that one might have of seeing what ones own funeral would be like, who'd attend, what they'd say. Other than that, perhaps a slight dilusion that insanity is just that much more interesting.

It's actually quite a hard decision, since with most mental disorders, if you actively desire them, automatically makes it sound like you'd want them for the "Fishmalk" factor, for lack of a better description.
Or put in other words, mainly to let you be silly without consequence, which isn't the type of Kook I'd want to be.

All that being said:
- (Shizotypal Personality Disorder)
The parenthesis are there because I've actually had this diagnozed as something I do suffer from, it was later retracted though, but still.
Regardless, it appeals to me on quite a few levels.
It is known to produce people of high insight and intelligence, mainly due to "odd thinking", but victims are still affected by odd behaviour such as "inadequate thoughts", or often having thoughts inappropriate to the situation, for example a sudden urge to hurl the sugar-bowl across the room at your nieces birthday for no reason, or thinking "what would happen if I flirted with that elderly disabled woman?".
In some ways, it's like Asperger's Syndrome, but without the extreme isolation and inability to feel empathy or conveying emotion, instead you simply would rather avoid being social or dealing with other peoples emotions, but you're still perfectly capable of doing so.

- Ganser Syndrome
It's along the lines of Tourettes, but instead of profanity, confusion is the name of the game. The constant and inescapable desire to confuse people with everything you say or do, often bleeding out as mythomania, or the desire to lie and concoct stories that are not unbelievable, but still false.
It's already one of the main lures of the Malkavian clan for me, the constant stream of nonsense (not silliness) and riddles compounded on vivid imagery, so I think this might be my prefered disorder - even if I unbound myself from conventional disorders and thought up my own, it'd be reminiscent of this.

- Oneirophrenia
A constant feeling that reality is a dream, not in the Matrix sense, but the dilusion that reality behaves like a dream (not that it [u]is[/] a dream).
In extreme cases it often results in hallucinations of both auditory and visual nature.
A possible second candidate, the simple notion that I couldn't trust my own perception of the world is interesting to me.

If aliens did come, how do you think they'd react to our hidden world? Do you think they might have one themselves in some form?
Santiak
Santiak
Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post by Breakbeat Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:39 am

Again with the aliens ...

Well, first off, evolution is a bitch. It strives to give you what you need to survive, not what you would want or desire. That being said, I think it's a romantic notion at best that any aliens would be bipeds. They'd be whatever they needed to survive most. And I don't think we could even imagine what they would be. We humans lke to see others as similar to us because we're on the high and mighty thought that we're the pinnacle of evolution, the creme de la creme. Fuck that.

I think it would be most likely that another intelligent species could be water based, as water seems to be one of the prime ingredients for life to be possible at all.

Still, physics being physics, I think that travel methods would also haye to be mythical in nature.

And if they are cabable of mythics, they will have their own secret world, as incomprehensible to us as the life of a fly would be to the one of a fish.

How would they react to ours? Well, either they'd already know anyway, in whch case their reactions would be based upon if they like what they see. Or they wouldn't know about it, in which case we'd a) try our best to keep it that way, because you show visitors your living room, but you wouldn't show them what you have in that box in the broom closet that's hidden and locked with 5 keys. Oh and b) if they did glimpse it, they wouldn't care but perceive it as part of a strange world.

That being said, fuck all this, because aliens are still not an option outside of Hollywood.

If the Dragon were to give you an order to hurt someone you love or used to love, possible even kill them, because their equations said it is absolutely necessary, what would you do?
Breakbeat
Breakbeat
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post by Santiak Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:25 am

I'd be highly surprised to say the least.
I'm sure it says somewhere in the Dragon archives what my expected reaction pattern would be to such a demand, and that it would only be detrimental to the Dragon because I'd attack anyone, regardless of alliegance, if they attempted to hurt the people I cared about.

I'd probably try to comprehend the reasons behind the order, what the Dragon wished to accomplish both in the long and short run, and accomplish that.
Knowing the Dragon knows that, I'd react just as I would, because that would be the crux of the order, not the literal meaning of it: shift my allegiance with the Dragon from agent to neutral, and question them, their methods, and their goals, possibly fight them.

Who knows, it may be a way to inform me the Dragons leadership and goal has been compromised, and they need me to target them to weed out the reason for it.

Given the recent passtime just made available to us, by way of the Heart of the Swarm, which faction do you align yourself with there, and why?
Are there parallels to our societies, do you think? And if so, where and what are they?
Santiak
Santiak
Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post by Breakbeat Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:53 pm

Heart of the what now? Nah, no time to play video games. Played some SC2 with a Korean friend though.

I'd say Terrans look the most fun to play with, although when I played with him I usually took Protoss. I can't really explain why, but I'm best with them, probably because I had the most training? Also I think it's one of the races where you can get creative with your units ...

Maybe it would be fun to daddle with it again ... could head over to Seoul, sure they play it all the time there.

As for parallels, sure:

The Zerg are the filth, messing with the planet, great in number, corrupting.

The Protoss are the Orochi. You don't really get them, or know why they do what they do, but they have high tech and lots of shiny objects.

And for the Terrans: That could be the Morninglight, at least from Mengsk's perspective. Corrupt the people, feed them false information, lure them to you.

And we, the bee-stung: We're probably the Zel'Naga, only not long gone. Wink

What was your worst sexual encounter?

Yeah, this one might be saucy. Hurr hurr.
Breakbeat
Breakbeat
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post by Breakbeat Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:15 pm

Now why did I fear that no one was going to take this one? Razz

Any takers, else I can pose a different question. Or just answer it myself, hurr hurr.
Breakbeat
Breakbeat
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post by Santiak Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:27 pm

Well, while not an encounter as such, a good while back, while attending a festival, I was wrongfully accused of raping the girl who saw fit to pass out in our camp.
We had erected a large tent around our tents, as the weather tends to throw tantrums during that time of year, at best, and implored her to ler us drag out one of our mats for her to pass out on, but she refused and in her drunken stupor crawled into the tent - on that particular day it was extremely hot and humid, so we were all sitting outside.

Apparently, in her drunken escapades, she had already had a sexual encounter (yeah, sleeping with her legs first towards the exit turns out is a bad idea when you aren't wearing any panties, or at least what's left of them.)
Oblivious of this fact, as well as the state of her underwear, she woke up and gave us all the stink-eye, thinking that we somehow had convinced her to go lie down in the middle of the main tent, next to the main road of the event where hundreds of people passed by each minute, and proceeded to violate her - as opposed to her simply being promiscuous in her drunken stupor during the festival.

It was the second to last day of the festival, and it really put a downer on the mood of our entire camp.
Luckily, a friend of a friend knew the girl and talked to her on our behalf, and things were sorted out.

Still, being accused of rape traumatized me greatly, as it is one of the most loathsome thing I can think of.

In all honesty, just recalling the whole episode puts me in a bad/sad mood. Urgh.

What's been the single greatest joy, as well as sadness, that you've experienced since you became part of our hidden world?
Santiak
Santiak
Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigma Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:24 am

Taouz.

... It's... hard to explain... but... Taouz. Especially one of our firsts.

It's...

It's hard.

My throat is closing up just thinking about it.

I thought I'd never find someone or have someone... and... and now that I that I've met Taouz...

I feel like we'll never really get to...

... Um, that's all I can say. <.<

This is for Breakbeat - what was a time when you felt the most vunerable?
Enigma
Enigma
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post by Breakbeat Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:21 am

Hard to decide.

I'm twelve, and I don't like the way dad is looking at me. He's drunk, like always, in dire need of a shower. I'm doing the usual chores. Dishes. Laundry. He gets up from the sofa every now and then to watch me. I start wearing loose T-Shirts, because I know what he's looking at. Bought bras, but they disappeared mysteriously. Sometimes I cry. I wish they wouldn't grow anymore. Hope they won't get bigger. As I got out of the shower, I see that the door is slightly ajar. I am so fucking sure that I closed it. Don't want to get out. But I have to. Only my clothes are gone. And there's no towel. I don't know what is going to happen when I open the door

How's that for vulnerable?

There are other times, other incidents.

But I think I'll keep it for other times.

I think it was vulnerable enough.

-

Do you ever enjoy your kill? We do it out of necessity, but so you ever enjoy it in the heat of the moment?
Breakbeat
Breakbeat
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigma Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:54 am

Yes. Quite often, in fact. Perhaps more often than is healthy...

I find a certain satisfaction in frying or blowing many of the unearthly creatures to smithereens. Ak'ab, zombies, draug... it feels good to do away with them, or in the zombies sake put them to their final rest.

... I don't usually feel that way (at least not for long, for sure) after killing another human...

Maybe it's my Japanese upbringing... we are all taught from a young age that "we are all the same", all of the Japanese... there's a sort of one-ness among us. And we exclude those who are different, for various reasons. I've been fortunate (or unfortunate) enough to always be on the fringe of this, and have a bit of otherness (blue eyes in a Japanese girl is very uncommon, not to mention studying abroad in Seoul)... so that I am able to include "all humans" in this "we are all the same" idea... And since my eyes have been opened to this "secret" world of ours, even to allow for some humanoid beings inclusion as well - at least to a degree...

But basically, yeah... if you're not human and you're trying to harm my friends, family, or my planet? I've no problem protecting them from you - even beyond death.

... And you probably don't want pity, and I don't mean it as such... but I'm sorry, Breakbeat. It's just that... you're always so forward... I thought perhaps nothing phased you. ...It's good to see that you're truly human in there, deep down.

Do you really trust in the Dragon agenda - their formulas, their objectives, their orders? Is chaos really what you hope to achieve?
Enigma
Enigma
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post by Santiak Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:47 am

I can't say I trust the Dragons agenda, because at the end of the day, I don't believe anyone can be sure what it actually is. Which is also the main strength of the Dragon; the fact that no single entity within it holds the entirety of the plan in their grasp, translates to no head to sever in order to cripple us.

No, chaos is certainly not the objective I'm hoping to achieve.
In many ways, I view those Scales who seek Chaos as those who would join the Malkavian clan in order to act nutters just to make people uncomfortable, as opposed to joining them because they view the world as you yourself do, and you believe that their philosophy is correct regardless of what "common sense" might tell you.

Just as Templars use fanaticism as their tool to gain peace, and the Illuminati use wealth to gain power, the Dragon uses chaos to gain it's ultimate goal.
To draw yet another comparison, the ultimate goal of the Dragon is as diffuse as the philosophy of the Malkavians - not one single entity can define it, but the sum of the parts, can. Which unfortunately, again, means that the ultimate goal can only be conceived, not perceived, by any single person.

So, what is it I hope to achieve? I don't know - it's not greatness, it's not stagnation, so I do not fit in with neither the Templars nor the Illuminati.
But what I do know, is that a heavy rock thrown into a pond, regardless of weight (Templar) or force used to throw (Illuminati), will not get me the eventual result.

Throwing pebbles untill the ripples coalesce and manifest a tsunami, will, but I can only throw one pebble at a time, and measure where it needs to land.
It may be that at that moment in time, the place I'm aiming holds absolutely no relavence to my actions in any way, so some may only see chaos - lack of direction, lack of focus, lack of ambition - but I, who am throwing the pebbles, know exactly what I'm looking for.

But again the dichotomy kicks in: I don't know what I'm looking for. I'm not the one throwing pebbles, I am a pebble.
The notion that I ever would be throwing pebbles is as foreign to me as the notion of not being the one throwing pebbles is to the Templars or Illuminati, and unfortunately, to those that join the Dragon seeking chaos.

If you had the resources, would you form your own society? If so, what would be the philosophy and goals of it?

Santiak
Santiak
Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post by Breakbeat Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:55 am

This is a response to Enigmas post. Seems Santiak and I posted at the same time ...

Human? Negative, I am a meat popsicle!

Now come on, just because I'm straightforward and admittedly tough why should I not be human? And what the fuck do you mean by deep down? Yeah, maybe I have a crunchy (and sexy) exterior, but you cut me open, I bleed just the same. Metaphorically. And not metaphorically, too, I guess.

I don't hold back and say what I want. Okay, maybe that's not very common, especially in the Japanese culture. Dunno.

As for your question: Chaos is definetly NOT what they want to achieve. Chaos is just the method.

To quote Alan Moore (or rather V) - Anarchy doesn't mean live without order, it means live without leaders,

Do I trust them? Yeah, I guess, because so far it seems to work out good. I get WHY they send me where they send me, even if they're a little too cryptic for my taste. So yeah, they've earned my trust.

What do they want in the end? Hard to say. But I think it's still going to be a world where humans can be humans. So that's ok with me.

-

How far would a person need to go until you hate them? What's your fine line or biggest no-go?

Last edited by Breakbeat on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Breakbeat
Breakbeat
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post by Breakbeat Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:59 am

Hey, Eni, you got two for one. High Five!

Santiak - as to your question: No I wouldn't form a society, because I am not a leader and I guess I would need to be.

What I would do is to try and empower people, to better stand up for themselves, do what they want within certain constraints (the church of Leary comes to mind: "As long as you don't have sex with kids or kill anyone, you can do whatever the fuck you want to do in my church.")

But I think people needlessly bind themselves to constraints that are set upon them by society. Not only laws, but also stuff like how to behave, when to behave, what to say and what not. Fuck that shit.

That's my movement. Fuck that shit!

People should be taught to be egoistical enough not to listen to each other, and be reasonable enough not to overstep the boundaries.

My question is above. Wink
Breakbeat
Breakbeat
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post by Santiak Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:30 am

I've already touched upon it previously, but: They'd have to harm someone I care about.

Back-stabbing, disloyal, lies, stealing, what not - I can forgive.
Murdering or otherwise irreversibly harming someone I care about, that I can not forgive, because I wasn't hurt.

Anything that hurts me, I can forgive - and most often will, for better or for worse.

How do you think you'll die?
Santiak
Santiak
Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down